The Internet should be very scared.
I’m sure there will be lots of talk about health care reform, “30 Rock” and good hair, which neither blacks nor Jews are credited with having much of. And there’s really not much more that can be said in this space.
But if we had a seat at the table, and say, Alyssa or Jamelle or Adam turned on the iPod, this is what they would probably play:
1. Gin and Juice by Snoop Dog (Quadmoniker)
2. Sippin’ tha Barre by Paul Wall (Jamelle)
3. Drink to Me by Johnny Cash (Quadmoniker)
4. I’m On It (Kryptonite) by the Purple Ribbon All-Stars (G.D.)
5. Only When I’m Drunk by Tha Alkaholiks (Blackink)
6. Drink with Me by Mairus and the rest of the revolutionaries in ‘Les Miserables.’ (Brokey)
7. Juice (Know the Ledge) by Eric B and Rakim (Blackink)
And we have to do Shani’s submissions in order, lest you all miss the joke:
8. Sugarwater by Cibo Matto (Shani-o)
9. Don’t Drink the Water by Dave Matthews Band (Shani-o)
10. Purple Rain by Prince (Shani-o)
Get it? Anyone?
Eh … just be glad I couldn’t find a video for “Love 40.”
Until the next time, have a great weekend. And pour out a little liquor for those of us who couldn’t make it to D.C.